It is very important that your personal data is kept safe and secure.
This policy sets out how we collect, store and use your personal information. It also sets out your rights with regard to how your information is processed and how you can place restrictions on the use of your data.
Your personal information:
- will be processed in line with the Information Commissioner’s Office recommendations
- is collected only when relevant and not excessive to our needs
- is kept only for as long as necessary
- is used only for the reasons for which it was collected
- is collected once you have given consent to being part of marketing mailing lists
- will be safeguarded using all appropriate technical and organisational steps to protect the confidentiality, integrity, availability and authenticity of your data
About Ali Haggett:
Ali Haggett offers Kinesiology sessions and Kinesiology training. She blogs and authors publications on topics related to health and wellbeing.
How your personal data is collected:
Personal data may be collected in a number of ways, for example:
- When you make contact by post, telephone, text, email or via the website ‘contact us’ section
- If you send messages or ask for information through social media
- If you purchase my services as a client or student
- As you interact in other ways – as a student or client, or in any other capacity
The information may include the following:
- Contact details e.g. name, address, phone number, email address
- Information concerning your health, medical conditions & medication (if you are a client or a student)
- Date of birth, gender and marital status
- Personal interests
- Special educational needs
- Dietary requirements (where there is catering involved)
- Previous qualifications and Kinesiology schools and organisations you may belong to
- Contact details of your family or next kin
- Information about your computer and about your visits to, and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views)
How your personal data is used:
Information is collected from enquirers, students, clients and TFH Instructors to:
- respond to enquiries
- provide professional client consultations in line with our insurance policies
- manage events and courses
- administer certification processes and assessments
- raise funds for the Touch for Health Charity
- inform clients and students about classes, news, events and new products
- inform enquirers and subscribers about blogs, books and other writing
For email and subscriptions to the mailing list:
Your name and email will be processed by Google and WordPress. Their privacy policies can be found:
Workshops and Events:
If you choose to register for and attend any workshops or events as a client, student or volunteer, your information will be used to manage your attendance at the event.
You will be asked specifically if it considered that sharing your information may enhance your enjoyment of the experience. For example, sharing emails with other course participants to allow for buddying groups to support learning or sharing dietary requirements with a third party e.g. caterer.
Transfer of personal data outside the UK:
Information which may be of interest to you:
If you choose to join the mailing list, you will be sent information which is believed to be of interest to you. This may include future events, courses and updates or news. You can opt in by email, text, or post.
You may find links to other web pages on the web site. The terms of this policy only apply to alihaggett.com, they do not apply to any external websites you may visit though a link on our web pages.
Your rights can be found on the information via the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/
You also have the right:
- to be informed
- of access
- to rectification/update and change your details
- to erasure
- to restrict processing
- to data portability
- to object
- not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling
- to unsubscribe from mailing lists at any time
Any request should be made in writing via email to [email protected] Please allow 28 days for a response.
How long do we keep your personal information?
Personal information will be kept for as long as is necessary for our interaction. In some circumstances, it is a requirement to keep the information for a set period of time, e.g. Client records – 7 years or, in the case of minors, for 7 years after their 18th birthday.
How do we store your personal information?
All client case histories are stored as a paper copy only in a locked filing cabinet. The details are used solely for the purposes of providing a safe and effective Kinesiology session by your Kinesiologist. If you send your consultation sheet via email it is printed and immediately deleted from the computer.
If you are a student and provide contact information or other information related to your learning it is stored on a computer protected by a password. Student information may also be stored as a paper copy locked in a filing cabinet.
If you are a reminiscence therapy client, your information will be stored in a locked filing cabinet. If you leave a group, for evaluation purposes (anonymised), it will be stored for 12 months after you have left.
Old files are destroyed by confidential waste.
Changes to this policy:
This policy may change from time to time. Please refer back to this page to keep up to date with changes.
What to do if you have a query regarding this policy:
If you require further information about services and further details on how your personal data is collected, please contact call 07816 303224 or email [email protected]
Making a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office:
If you feel there have been any inappropriate actions, please make contact as soon as possible via phone 07816 303224 or email [email protected]
If you believe that your data is not being processed in accordance with the law, then you have a right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office through their helpline 0303 123 1113.